We know that most of you blog for the sake of sharing your thoughts and opinions, however a little side income is like an unexpected gift. Today we’re releasing a new gadget that allows your readers to directly contribute to your blog. The gadget can be added to any part of your page, but we’ve formatted it to fit best in the sidebar.
Setup is only five simple steps and should only take a few minutes of your time; just follow the steps below:
1. Sign up for a Google Checkout Merchant account at checkout.google.com/sell
2. Be sure to enable the HTML API by going to the Settings tab, clicking the integration link and unchecking the “My company will only post digitally signed carts” checkbox. Also, copy the Merchant Id for use in step 5.
3. Back in Blogger, on the Design | Page Elements tab click “add a gadget” where you wish to place the Support gadget.
4. Add the "Support My Blog" gadget from the gadget gallery.
5. Customize your support button settings. The Checkout Merchant Id is the one you copied down in step two. Save and you’re done!
Your supporters can now contribute to your blog. Clicking on the support button will direct your supporters to Checkout to complete the transaction.