Buying a used car for more flexibility to help you find the car that best meets your transportation needs. Even the need for prestige. You also can get a quality car at an affordable price. Just so you know how.
The first step in the process of buying a used car is to assess in detail your transportation needs. The questions below can help.
1. The purpose of buying a car: determine the type of car that will be purchased by the user. For example, when used to pick up school children, choose a car that offers space relief. Or for transportation work, choose a convenient and economical fuel. Your lifestyle also plays a role determining the type of car that will be purchased.
2. Determine the features that must exist, such as air conditioners, various kinds of power, CD charger etc.. Write down all the lists. Including safety features like antilock brakes, airbags, child door lock, etc..
3. Calculate how much the financial ability to buy a car, including down payment and monthly payments when the loan.
When you have defined a number of types / models and brands, analyze the advantages and drawbacks. You can get information from friends who had used the targeted car. Can also of automotive sites and automobile clubs that exist. Find lots of information from each brand including resale value, performance, service improvement and cost / availability of components. From there you can decide which car is really appropriate.
If you've decided which car to buy, this is the sign-rambunya:
- As much as any desire, the head must remain cool. Leave a seller if the price offered is too high, even if your dream car is waiting. You will be honed negotiation abilities over time.
- Make sure you know the market price of the targeted car, and start bidding below that price. It's easier to raise your bid instead of down. Price information can also be obtained from automotive sites.
- Must be in mind, buying a used car can also buy the problems of others. Make sure you know the history of this car including maintenance. This can be known from car care card. Dig up as much detail as possible including if ever drowning, accidents, etc. down the engine. Before deciding to buy it, ask an expert mechanic to check it out.
- Test drive is essential. Try to get a chance to test drive as far as possible with different variations in the road. Can also try the area where the car will be frequently used.
- Open the hood and see if there is a leaking pipe, a worn belt, the spilled oil. Sit in the driver's seat, and check if all the indicators work fine, as well as indicator lights. Also, check for signs of damage due to water (see tip prevent catastrophic aftershocks). Check the safety system, ranging from seat belt, head restrain, roof structure, child seat anchors. Similarly, sight distance and transmit power main lights. This can be done during a test drive. Try to drive at a speed of 60-80 km / h and feel whether the replacement teeth can be soft, the steering is always straight, remained stable when braking and when cornering is also smooth.
- Be careful with odometer fraud. This is often done rogue sellers who want to increase the value of cars it sells. So do not be fooled by the numbers listed on the odometer.
- Now it's time to set up your new car payment. When choosing to credit, the safest is to first determine how big the financial ability to pay monthly installments. The easy way, installment should not be more than 20% of income per month after cut spending. Account the cost of care, taxes, insurance and operational.
Pay deposit of at least 10% of the price of the car. Less than that, the credit provider will doubt your financial capabilities. So if you have the money in cash, a better use for the down payment. This step also would reduce the principal debt burden associated with monthly installments.
Buying a used car is tantamount to buying risk. Because, vehicles that have been considered good, so moved my hands a lot of damages. Become more annoyed, when dense traffic conditions suddenly overheat the engine. In order not to kecele, when about to buy a car mechanic can bring. At least he understood the condition of the engine. Also better understand the legs and body.
If you do not have mechanical contacts, 11 guidelines below can help the research process so that you do not be fooled. Eleven of them are common problems that arise in a used car.
1. See BPKB (Evidence of Motor Vehicle Tax)
To know the car has changed hands how many times. Included is also the origin of color. Note the location of the first owner lived. If close to the sea, should not be purchased. Because of the possibility of rust because the air contains salt.
Starting front (headlights), the rear, the cabin until the indicator. This is necessary, especially for a car that age is over 10 years. Apart from the age of bulb, lamp work is also influenced by the condition of the socket, wire, fuse and other electrical systems. Replace the bulb just cheap, but if you have a cable system, large enough funds.
Not enough to be seen, but run with variable speed while the brake pedal. Listen to appear squeaky voice is not continuous. Or feet were trembling, the possibility of brake shoes are thin and there are areas that come into contact with the disc. If you like kicking leg behind the plate indicates the disc is not flat.
There are three, ie, air filters, oil, fuel. If all conditions are better able to extend the life of disposable car. Conversely, one or all dirty filters or mampat.Biaya replacement is not expensive. But if you notice a dirty engine air filter condition, engine condition has been declining relative. While it is most easily replaced component. So if a dirty air filter is not replaced, what about the other filters?
The weak condition of spark plugs can cause engine work decreased. Because it can make more wasteful fuel consumption, increased exhaust emissions and the resulting work to be stalled due to engine failure splatter. Usually, to outsmart worn spark plugs, the gap is made more meetings with the electrode. So the machine can work normally. But it did not last long. So should, after a car purchased, these plugs immediately replaced.
To check the ability to accommodate electric car batteries do need special equipment. But you can see the height of fluid, and if the battery wall opaque note whether existing cells are curved. Note also if there is corrosion on battery terminals. See also the positive and negative wires that may be loose. Corrosion and loose wires make a weak electric current conductivity. So it is not strong enough to rotate the engine.
Belt slip may cause a loud squeaking sound. Engorgement of the belt can affect engine cooling, working alternator, power steering and AC. Because the price of this belt is not expensive, so it should be replaced after purchase.
This component is vital for stability and driving safety. If you have weak or damaged, the car had not damped swing well and can shorten tire life. Generally, oil sokbreker tend to be more easily detected damage to see if any oil discharge in the surrounding area. Another problem is the seat that has been attacked sokbreker rust.
This component is useful for coupling to channel power from the engine (propeller shaft) to the axle (drive shaft). Generally, this problem arises due to rubber Constant Velocity Joint (CV Joint) is damaged and dry from the inside fat (grease). To detect it, you need to test drive because at a certain speed will appear excessive vibration. Or with a broken by low-speed cornering. If the ticking sound emerged, meaning that these components need to be replaced.
To check the condition of the exhaust is looked under the car. Make sure there are no leaks in the exhaust manifold, muffler and pipe. You can also listen to whether there is a loud noise is not normal. Although this is easily camouflaged with reason have been modified.
Bald tires obviously at high risk for driving. Although only partially tread alone. Ausnya some tire tread can also be an indication of the owners have not done wheel alignment and balancing. Also note also whether there is an inflated tire wall.